"....have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don’t search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Frozen...





Walking out
Into a pool, I don’t get wet
Looking around
Like a fool, my foot not set yet

Reaching to
A wretched tree, I can’t hold on
Lunging forward
In a spree, I tumble head cold down

Lying there
On melting ice, I don’t feel numb
Losing me
Like that’ll suffice, now this feels real dumb

Looking up
Into the blue , I see this sky
Clothing me,
In one hue, like waves that kiss high

Stirring within
A fire lights, I feel it spread
Searing all
As it fights, burning like an infinite thread

Striking chords
A song hums, as my heart beats
Soothing me
My soul sums, every moment that apart meets…

6 comments:

  1. Nice rhyming lines though I am still somewhat confused by the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ramakant - Try to see it on the lines of someone who keeps getting hit, the harder they try to move on in life but in the end you muster the strength to realise that it was the journey that made all the difference you had hoped for in the first place! Hope this helps... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the insight into the meaning. I agree, in life the journey matters more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and touching one..loved the exact numbness your words carry all through the poem..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Namrata!!:-) This was a hard one to write..

      Delete

Your thoughts matter...