"....have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don’t search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Why me?




If death came knocking on my door
I’d gladly open it and let it in…
It couldn't scare me, not anymore

If pain came along and asked me if I wanted more
I’d have to humbly decline…
For my basket was already full and overflowing

If tears asked me,
If I had any empty vessels it could fill itself in?
I knew I’d be sorry…
For I had filled all the ones I found with mine already

If hurt stopped by,
And asked me if I wanted a ride?
I’d happily say yes,
For it’d feel good to finally have some company!

If life turned around,
And asked me if I’d like to join it in it’s quest?
I’d look back and question
Really..Who are you at your best?

If success invited me for a cup of tea
I’d taste it and sigh…
For I didn’t even realise what it tasted like!

If hope called up to ask,
If it could rest on my shoulders for awhile
I’d have to politely say no
For I wasn’t sure if they had enough strength left in them to even support me!

If love offered me it’s hand,
I’d reach out and take it…
Not knowing what to expect…
Maybe I needed more!

You see..I was lost!
So I just stood where I was
And shouted out loud ‘WHY ME?’


Death anwered
“I’m only here to remind you of life and more!”
Life chimed in
“It’s the only way you’ll know I exist in your core!”

Pain chided me
“I come and I go in bits and in parts!”
Success then smiled at me and said
“If you didn’t know pain, you’d never be able to tell us apart!”

Tears shrugged at me
“I’m a part of death and life and follow pain and success!”
Hope told me
“I become a part of you when you follow your heart and the belief you possess!”

Hurt joined in
“You know me deep down. But I am only like one of those false alarms!”
Love held my hand tight and whispered…
“I am your soul..
I am the reason you are alive..
The others are just part of the journey you have to take before U fall into my arms!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts matter...