"....have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don’t search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Thursday, March 8, 2012

I'm alive



In every breadth of air
That you could less not care
I’m alive

In every break of the game
That comes back never the same
I’m alive

In every grain of dust
That you hold onto, if you must
I’m alive

In every leaf upon a tree
That shades every man free
I’m alive

In every drop of the ocean
That paints a magical notion
I’m alive

In every thought in your head
That replaces itself instead
I’m alive

In every dream you dream
That you wake upto scream
I’m alive

In every feather of a bird
That flies to places absurd
I’m alive

In every drink of a drink
That touches the brink
I’m alive

In every word of a pen
That crouches in a den
I’m alive

In every flower that blooms
That may time consume
I’m alive

In every aim you aim
That may first seem lame
I’m alive

In every beat of your heart
That beats for me apart
I’m alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts matter...